Twenty-five percent of the American population is at risk of developing mold toxicity if they are infected with mold due to their genetic make-up. In other words, one in four people when exposed to mold will be susceptible to it.

 There are thousands of distinct species most of which will not affect us, but some will seriously disrupt our health. The problem with mold intoxications, the symptoms can so vague and since most doctors are not familiar with mold toxicity – it mostly goes unrecognized.

You could be that person that presents with all sorts of symptoms and complaints and your doctor basically has no answer for it. Made even worse – many will suggest it is all in your head and then of course you have your family members, friends or colleagues who also have no comprehension about the serious impact mold can have on you – they also think it’s in your head! After a while – you might begin to think the same since there is no other obvious reason to have the complaints you have.

If that is you – check for mold and mycotoxins in you!

Mold is a fungus: it grows in the form of multicellular filaments called hyphae (finger like projections)

Yeast on the other hand are fungi that are single celled.

A fungus then is a group of organisms that are termed eukaryotes because they have a nucleus within their cell membrane – like our own cells.

Molds produce toxins as a protective mechanism against other molds. In this manner – they can maintain their territory by preventing other molds from taking over! These toxins are termed biotoxins and if you are infected with mold – you might be accumulating these toxins in the body.

Some of these toxins are difficult to remove or destroy – As a result – they accumulate in the body.


Our normal processes for the elimination of unwanted products include the liver, the gut, the kidneys, the skin, and our lungs. In fact, lungs will account for the removal of 75% of our toxic load. The lymphatic system is also a key elimination pathway.

In many instances, toxins must first be modified in order for the body to be able to remove them

For example – the liver detoxification process will change molecules so that they are then water soluble and can be excreted through the bile.

The mold biotoxins in their unchanged form are attached to bile acids but then are reabsorbed back into the blood in the large intestine and therefore continue to accumulate in the body since the processes to modify then are not available in 25% of the population.

So, what is the first clue:

Well, if you have a constellation of symptoms no one can give you a definitive diagnosis

Or they claim it is all in your head and then you begin to think it’s all in your head

Or heads you will push it being peri menopausal

Or you have a thyroid disorder

Or even PTSD

let’s say anxiety or depression not amenable to drugs – then you may have an underlying mold infection

So any of the symptoms might simply include

Chronic fatigue

Muscle and joint aches and pains

Muscle weakness



Poor balance



Cognitive impairment


Gi symptoms

And chest pain

In reviewing Dr Nathans work – he tells us that what might be pathognomonic – a feature unique to a particular condition might be

Electric shock sensations

Ice pick like pains

Vibrating or pulsing sensations running up and done the spine

Combined with any of the prior symptoms is very highly suggestive of a mold infection and biotoxicity



No comments yet. Why don’t you start the discussion?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *