Anywhere Anytime Anyone
KAATSU® – The Original Blood Flow Restriction Training Device
What is KAATSU®?
- Invented in Japan, engineered and designed in California, KAATSU is the pioneer in the emerging Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) market that automatically and safely optimizes blood circulation for health, fitness, rehabilitation, and recovery.
- KAATSU is a small automated compressor and pneumatic, stretchable bands which are placed around your arms or legs.
- The bands inflate and deflate in a patented sequence based on algorithms that boost circulation, improve hormonal balance, and develop muscle tone in a time-effective manner with a minimum of effort.
- KAATSU equipment and proprietary protocols offer unparalleled performance, precision, and safety for users of all ages, fitness levels, and walks of life – and can be used anywhere anytime to help you Recover Faster, Rehab Stronger and Perform Better.
- KAATSU® can be performed anywhere anytime by anyone.
Nitric Oxide Production
KAATSU is the catalyst for production of VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor), NO (nitric oxide), IGF-1 (insulin growth factor) and BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) as well as ceramides, plasmalogens, beta endorphins, and testosterone. Nitric oxide allows blood vessels to constrict and relax, and regulate the inflammatory cells in the blood vessel walls.
KAATSU Air Bands apply moderate compression in short durations on the upper arms and upper legs. The pneumatic bands are controlled by the KAATSU units to serve the opposite function of blood pressure cuffs or tourniquets (i.e., KAATSU temporarily keeps an incremental amount of blood in the limbs – not out of the limbs with a tourniquet).
This temporary and rhythmic compression leads to the safe engorgement of the limbs with blood that subsequently causes a cascade of natural and beneficial physiological reactions in the body.